Free Comparison Shopping Services (CSS).
Get 20% off your Shopping click cost with us, an official Google CSS partner. What’s more, the service is totally free with no catch! Fill out the contact form to learn more. Why use Us?
- Top 6 UK premier partner agency as rated by Google
- Top 10 PPC agency in the 2018 & 2019 Search Awards
- Your maintain full control of your product feed
- Official Google CSS Partner
- Stand-alone CSS services available without management plans
CSS & Google Shopping.
It’s no secret that Google made headlines yet again in 2017 when the European Commission fined them €2.4bn last year for prioritising the Google Shopping Comparison Service ahead of other price comparison sites. Google have been asked to make things fairer for other comparison sites, and they’re now delivering with a new incentive for advertisers.
As of the end of July 2018, Google opened up their Comparison Shopping Service to more similar services with the added bonus of a 20% discount for anyone advertising on a non-Google property. This is allowing advertisers to gain a lot more traffic for their click spend and is predicted to be a huge success, with many comparison sites now taking part.
Sellers who are looking to place Google Shopping Ads will need to work with a Comparison Site, or CSS (Keel Over is now a CSS partner). This is a website that will collect product pricing information from multiple websites. These sites will then send customers who click on the Shopping ad on Google to the retailer’s website to view and purchase the product.
The Comparison Service will act very similarly to how Google runs their shopping service now, and place a bid to appear in the search engine results pages (SERPs) on the behalf of the seller. Only a Comparison Shopping Service will be able to place the Shopping ads, but the good news for retailers is that you can work with multiple sites who will be offered the same opportunities.
A Comparison Shopping Site has to become certified by Google in order to be allowed to operate as a Comparison Shopping Partner. Details on how they go about this can be found here It is only once the CSS has been authorised that they are able to offer the 20% discount on clicks. This will give confidence to the online retailers that their click spend is in good hands with their chosen CSS.
So, what do you need to do to get started?
Firstly, you will need to sign up with a CSS partner (we are a said partner). Ideally, you will pick a partner that has the time and knowledge to advise your business with the correct strategy and optimisation process. Once chosen, the CSS will create a new Merchant Centre account for your product feed and run your Shopping campaigns and strategy for you. Many retailers will already have a Google Merchant centre set up, this can be transferred over to the CSS account so there will be no need to start from scratch.
Google Shopping is one of the most lucrative platforms for ecommerce sites to advertise on, however advertising has become more of a challenge in recent history with a rise in competition across most industries. A 20% discount on clicks for Shopping ads will be a fantastic bonus for many online stores, particularly for those that are less well known and with a limited budget.
Don’t take our word for it.
- William TseGenie Lending, Director“Keel Over Marketing have dramatically increased conversion numbers and considerably lowered our cost per lead. We are now expanding our marketing budget accordingly.”
- Jason HellerHuggle“Keel Over have helped us put in place key objectives for all of our PPC, Shopping and Social campaigns whilst ensuring that we continue to achieve positive ROAS figures for our digital marketing spends and grow our online business. But the agency is more than just a set of stats and they, particularly Elliott, are always on hand to offer a more personal level of service and help with all the queries we have (and there are always many!). Their support has been invaluable."
- James TaylorDirector, Make my Blinds"We have been using Keel Over Marketing to help us with our advertising for a number of months now. We have found them to be very professional and good at communicating. Most importantly of all they have helped focus our marketing efforts which has lead to an increase in sales. We would happily recommend their services to anyone looking to grow their business."